Grey’s Anatomy’s title character has suffered a lot. A lot. And now she can, sadly, add “lost her husband” to her laundry list of misfortunes. But while fans might not be too happy about Derek Shepherd’s death, Ellen Pompeo—the actress who plays Meredith Grey—is excited for what’s next.
“There are so many people out there who have suffered tremendous loss and tragedy,” she wrote on Twitter Monday. “Husbands and wives of soldiers, victims of senseless violence and parents who have lost children. People who get up each day and do what feels like is the impossible. So it is for these people and in the spirit of resilance [sic] I am honored And excited to tell the story of how Meredith goes on in the face of what feels like the impossible.”
Watch a new two-hour episode of Grey’s Anatomy Thursday at 8 p.m. on ABC to see how Meredith and the other doctors mourn Shepherd, and read Pompeo’s full tweet below.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption