Grey’s Anatomy’s title character has suffered a lot. A lot. And now she can, sadly, add “lost her husband” to her laundry list of misfortunes. But while fans might not be too happy about Derek Shepherd’s death, Ellen Pompeo—the actress who plays Meredith Grey—is excited for what’s next.
“There are so many people out there who have suffered tremendous loss and tragedy,” she wrote on Twitter Monday. “Husbands and wives of soldiers, victims of senseless violence and parents who have lost children. People who get up each day and do what feels like is the impossible. So it is for these people and in the spirit of resilance [sic] I am honored And excited to tell the story of how Meredith goes on in the face of what feels like the impossible.”
Watch a new two-hour episode of Grey’s Anatomy Thursday at 8 p.m. on ABC to see how Meredith and the other doctors mourn Shepherd, and read Pompeo’s full tweet below.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time