If you’ve ever wondered if evil skips a generation, the trailer for the Disney Channel’s forthcoming TV movie Descendants would suggest that it doesn’t. The movie features the spawn of four of Disney’s most heinous villains: Sleeping Beauty’s Maleficent (Kristen Chenoweth), Snow White’s Evil Queen (Kathy Najimy), Aladdin’s Jafar (Maz Jobrani) and 101 Dalmatians’ Cruella de Vil (Wendy Raquel Robinson).
In the TV movie, the wicked offspring — Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos — leave the rough-and-tumble streets of the island prison they call home to attend a fancy prep school with abundant opportunities to wreak havoc. They’re like the kids skipping class and smoking cigarettes in your average high school parking lot, but minus the cigarettes (this is Disney), instead using hair dye, leather and magic spells to signify their rebellion.
But these teens have a choice: to carry on the legacy of evil they’ve inherited, or to forsake their birthright and do good. What ever will they choose? The suspense is killing us.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer