Samsung may be known as one of the world’s largest producers of computer chips, smartphones and television sets — but that doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface of this ever-expanding conglomerate.
Samsung’s operation is so massive it even includes a defense department that manufactures tanks, according to a YouTube series that tries to get a handle on the what the world’s largest companies actually make.
The South Korean conglomerate proved to be one of the hardest companies to classify, given its sprawl across a variety of industries, including hotels, petrochemicals and life insurance.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time