Bruce Jenner’s iconic Wheaties box is for sale on eBay, if you’re willing to shell out a couple hundred dollars.
The former Olympic champion’s photo was on the front of the breakfast cereal after his gold medal victory in the decathlon in 1976. Jenner, who will continue to be referred to with male pronouns for now, came out as transgender in a recent interview with ABC, and it appears to have brought renewed interest in his cereal fame.
One unopened box of Bruce Jenner Wheaties is seeing bids as much as $255 with 5 days left, and another unopened box is getting bids up to $125.50.
The more enterprising Wheaties purchasers are even taking to social media to pitch the product for $500.
Jenner said throughout his struggle with being transgender, he’s always seen himself as more a woman than a man. “I look at it this way—Bruce always telling a lie. He’s lived a lie his whole life about who he is. And I can’t do that any longer,” Jenner said.
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction