Rapper Vanilla Ice has defended Adam Sandler’s comedy The Ridiculous Six amid criticism over cultural insensitivity.
Sandler has come under fire after several Native American actors walked off the set arguing the film was offensive. The film is reportedly a spoof on the Western film The Magnificent Seven.
Vanilla Ice plays Mark Twain in the movie. The rapper defended the film to TMZ saying, “It’s a comedy. I don’t think anybody really had any ill feeling or any intent or anything. This movie isn’t [Dances] With Wolves, it’s a comedy. They’re not there to showcase anything about anybody they’re just making a funny movie.”
Vanilla Ice added that he does see both sides, saying he is part Native American.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022