Fans of Bruce Jenner in Australia have taken to social media to show the former Olympic athlete their support by painting their nails.
As Jenner explained in his interview with Diane Sawyer after coming out as transgender, he wishes he could be comfortable enough presenting himself as female to “have my nail polish on long enough that it actually chips off.” (Jenner will continue to be referred to by male pronouns for the time being.)
An Australian radio station kicked off the nail polish trend by asking men to paint their nails to show Jenner their support, Buzzfeed reports.
The trend isn’t limited to just men:
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science