The New York Times, citing unnamed senior American officials, reports that hackers accessed the email archives of government officials who work in the White House and communicate with the President. Through those archives, hackers were able to see officials’ correspondence with Obama.
The hackers did not access any highly-classified information or breach the servers that connect to Obama’s Blackberry, according to the report.
The hackers are suspected to be connected with the Russian government, according to the report.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up