The New York Times, citing unnamed senior American officials, reports that hackers accessed the email archives of government officials who work in the White House and communicate with the President. Through those archives, hackers were able to see officials’ correspondence with Obama.
The hackers did not access any highly-classified information or breach the servers that connect to Obama’s Blackberry, according to the report.
The hackers are suspected to be connected with the Russian government, according to the report.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023