A sea turtle managed to photobomb a group of swimmers in the Philippines earlier this month, launching itself squarely in the frame of a group shot.
“We were posing for a group photo at Apo Island when this sea turtle surfaced to breathe and photo-bombed!” Diovani de Jesus, who took the shot, explained on his blog. “This is a reminder that humans and creatures like this gentle [sea turtle] can co-exist,” he added, saying the shallow area”is a feeding ground for sea turtles.”
Many sea turtles are endangered, as they are often poached for their eggs, meat, skin and shells, and are also harmed by climate change and habitat destruction, the Huffington Post noted.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time