A sea turtle managed to photobomb a group of swimmers in the Philippines earlier this month, launching itself squarely in the frame of a group shot.
“We were posing for a group photo at Apo Island when this sea turtle surfaced to breathe and photo-bombed!” Diovani de Jesus, who took the shot, explained on his blog. “This is a reminder that humans and creatures like this gentle [sea turtle] can co-exist,” he added, saying the shallow area”is a feeding ground for sea turtles.”
Many sea turtles are endangered, as they are often poached for their eggs, meat, skin and shells, and are also harmed by climate change and habitat destruction, the Huffington Post noted.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up