The Internet is buzzing about Jacob Lescenski of Las Vegas Desert Oasis High School, who asked his gay best friend and Student Council president Anthony Martinez to prom in front of the whole school.
Here is a photo of how he asked, which has racked up thousands of retweets and favorites:
— Anthony N. Martínez, MBA, MPA (@AnthonymNV) April 21, 2015
‘Tis the season for “promposals,” in which high schoolers ask each other to prom in elaborate ways, from the massively successful stunts shown on Jumbotrons in sports arenas to the massive fails like fake bomb threats that lead to week-long suspensions.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was