Robin Williams’ final dramatic film is heading to theaters this summer.
Starz Digital announced Wednesday that it picked up the North American rights to Boulevard, with plans to release it July 17. Directed by Dito Montiel, the film features Williams as a married but closeted bank manager whose life changes when he picks up a young male hustler (Roberto Aguire).
“Boulevard is a complex, life-affirming and surprising film and Robin’s final performance is absolutely remarkable,” said Kevin Kasha, head of acquisitions for Starz.
Boulevard had its world premiere at the 2014 Tribeca Film Festival and also stars Kathy Baker and Bob Odenkirk.
“We are very excited about partnering with Starz Digital to get this beautiful movie out there,” said producer Monica Aguirre Diez Barroso. “Through Boulevard, Dito was able to capture Robin Williams at his best.”
The film will open in New York and other markets on July 17.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022