Tom Haverford may have said that the four sweetest words in the English language are “You wore me down,” but “Aziz Ansari Netflix comedy” could be pretty sweet, too.
The Parks and Rec alum has landed another TV gig, starring in a Netflix comedy series that he co-created with Parks and Recreation writer-producer Alan Yang. The streaming service confirmed that it has ordered 10 episodes of the half-hour show, which also features H. Jon Benjamin (Bob’s Burgers, Archer), Eric Wareheim (Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!) Noel Wells (SNL) and Kelvin Yu (Popular). There’s another Pawnee connection: Parks co-creator Michael Schur is serving as an executive producer. Netflix isn’t revealing the premise of the series, which is being filmed in New York City.
The Ansari-Netflix pairing makes sense, as the comedian has released two stand-up specials on the streamer, Buried Alive and Live at Madison Square Garden.
Netflix is already off to a busy week on the comedy front. Yesterday, it confirmed a revival of family comedy Full House titled Fuller House.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org