Third-grader Joshua Bass thought it was just a normal school picture day — until his dad, who’d been stationed in Kuwait for the past year, showed up to surprise him.
Corporal James Bass was coming home on leave and decided to stop at his eight-year-old son’s elementary school in Durham, N.C., ABC 11 reports. It happened to be picture day, so to surprise his son, Bass snuck behind him for a photobomb. The photographer then showed Joshua the picture, and he didn’t quite understand what was happening until he turned around and saw his dad standing there grinning.
Then they hugged and laughed and it was beautiful and we dare you to watch this without shedding a little tear.
Capa's 'Falling Soldier': The Modest Birth of an Iconic Picture
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com