A New York man was hospitalized Tuesday after he accidentally set three cars on fire while attempting to remove bed bugs from a rental vehicle.
The man doused the interior of his car with rubbing alcohol, hoping that would kill the insects, according to CBS New York. He then lit a cigarette while seated in the car, causing the car’s interior to catch fire before the flames spread to two other parked vehicles in a lot in Eastport, New York.
Video of the scene shows the vehicles engulfed in flames.
The 44-year-old man was hospitalized with first- and second-degree burns.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow