Fashion titan Karl Lagerfeld sported a one-of-a-kind Apple Watch in a photo posted to Instagram on Wednesday, offering a glimpse of what only fame can buy.
Apple outfitted a standard 18-karat gold Apple Watch Edition with a custom-designed gold Link Bracelet for Lagerfeld, the head designer of Chanel and Fendi. Currently, Apple only offers the Link Bracelet in stainless steel, and none of the watches include the gold-on-gold combination that was “specially made” for Lagerfeld, according to his assistant and bodyguard Sebastian Jondeau.
Given that Apple’s most expensive watch combinations already top out at $17,000, it’s not hard to see why Apple hasn’t attempted to burnish the brand with still more gold. It has burnished the brand with celebrities, however, shipping out watches to various influencers before it releases to the hoi polloi on April 24.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.