Fashion titan Karl Lagerfeld sported a one-of-a-kind Apple Watch in a photo posted to Instagram on Wednesday, offering a glimpse of what only fame can buy.
Apple outfitted a standard 18-karat gold Apple Watch Edition with a custom-designed gold Link Bracelet for Lagerfeld, the head designer of Chanel and Fendi. Currently, Apple only offers the Link Bracelet in stainless steel, and none of the watches include the gold-on-gold combination that was “specially made” for Lagerfeld, according to his assistant and bodyguard Sebastian Jondeau.
Given that Apple’s most expensive watch combinations already top out at $17,000, it’s not hard to see why Apple hasn’t attempted to burnish the brand with still more gold. It has burnished the brand with celebrities, however, shipping out watches to various influencers before it releases to the hoi polloi on April 24.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart