Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen formally announced her retirement from modeling on Wednesday after 20 years of walking the runway.
Bündchen posted the news to her Instagram account before a show at São Paulo Fashion Week, her last, along with a picture of herself when she first started at 14:
She is the highest-paid model in the industry, according to Forbes. As the face of brands like Chanel, Carolina Herrera and Louis Vuitton, she earned an estimated $386 million over the course of her career. Her 2014 paycheck alone was $47 million — $16 million more than that of her NFL-quarterback husband Tom Brady.
The supermodel, who has two children with Brady, says she is leaving to spend more time with her family but plans to continue to work in the fashion industry, likely as a designer. She already has her own line of flip-flops and lingerie.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears