An Alabama teen brought an 80 year old to prom because he had never been to one before.
WHNT 19 News reports that Joy Webb took her grandfather James Drain to the Albertsville High School prom.
The two arrived in a horse-drawn carriage. Drain — aka “Poppa” — told the news station that the night represented a lot of firsts for him: first time in a tuxedo, riding in a horse-drawn carriage and going to a prom.
The news report showed the two posing for photos in masquerade masks, and the grandfather putting a corsage around her wrist.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve