It’s been 17 years since Celebrity Deathmatch first aired on MTV, but things have changed a lot since then: Now, actors and singers play out their rivalries on Twitter. For those nostalgic for simpler times, MTV2 is reviving the animated faux-fight series, famous for its claymation wrestling matches and goofy satires of famous personalities. (See: a Jim Carrey vs. Mariah Carey face-off that includes butt-talking, Ace Ventura-style).
The original series ran on MTV from 1998-2002 with a fifth season airing in 2006. The reboot will be “reimagined for a social media world,” according to the Hollywood Reporter. Hopefully, that means we can expect an animated showdown between Azealia Banks and Iggy Azalea.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving