It’s been 17 years since Celebrity Deathmatch first aired on MTV, but things have changed a lot since then: Now, actors and singers play out their rivalries on Twitter. For those nostalgic for simpler times, MTV2 is reviving the animated faux-fight series, famous for its claymation wrestling matches and goofy satires of famous personalities. (See: a Jim Carrey vs. Mariah Carey face-off that includes butt-talking, Ace Ventura-style).
The original series ran on MTV from 1998-2002 with a fifth season airing in 2006. The reboot will be “reimagined for a social media world,” according to the Hollywood Reporter. Hopefully, that means we can expect an animated showdown between Azealia Banks and Iggy Azalea.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time