Police in central Georgia are baffled by a case in which a man accidentally shot his mother-in-law Sunday night because the bullet ricocheted off of an armadillo, WALB News reports.
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office reports that Larry McElroy’s bullet killed the armadillo, then bounced off of a fence and hit his mother-in-law Carol Johnson in the back as she was sitting in a recliner in her mobile home, according to WALB News. She was not critically injured, and no charges were filed.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms