Police in central Georgia are baffled by a case in which a man accidentally shot his mother-in-law Sunday night because the bullet ricocheted off of an armadillo, WALB News reports.
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office reports that Larry McElroy’s bullet killed the armadillo, then bounced off of a fence and hit his mother-in-law Carol Johnson in the back as she was sitting in a recliner in her mobile home, according to WALB News. She was not critically injured, and no charges were filed.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.