Looks like they made it.
Barry Manilow and his longtime manager Garry Kief tied the knot last year in a private ceremony, multiple sources confirm to PEOPLE.
“It was a surprise,” a friend of the couple says of the wedding, which was held at Manilow’s Palm Springs, California, home and attended by “20 to 30 guests” who had been told they were attending a “lunch.”
Though the couple chose to keep the wedding completely private and did not sign any official paperwork, Manilow and Kief both wear wedding bands and “are committed to one another and have been for a very long time,” a Manilow source says. “They have a great relationship. Garry has always been there for Barry.”
News of the nuptials may come as a surprise to some Manilow fans, but the source says the “Copacabana” singer has never tried to hide his sexual orientation.
“He’s at a point now where he’s got his career and personal life in a great place and he really doesn’t care what people think,” the source says. “He’s in love and happy.”
Manilow’s rep is not commenting on the marriage. The National Enquirer was first to report the news.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.