Looks like they made it.
Barry Manilow and his longtime manager Garry Kief tied the knot last year in a private ceremony, multiple sources confirm to PEOPLE.
“It was a surprise,” a friend of the couple says of the wedding, which was held at Manilow’s Palm Springs, California, home and attended by “20 to 30 guests” who had been told they were attending a “lunch.”
Though the couple chose to keep the wedding completely private and did not sign any official paperwork, Manilow and Kief both wear wedding bands and “are committed to one another and have been for a very long time,” a Manilow source says. “They have a great relationship. Garry has always been there for Barry.”
News of the nuptials may come as a surprise to some Manilow fans, but the source says the “Copacabana” singer has never tried to hide his sexual orientation.
“He’s at a point now where he’s got his career and personal life in a great place and he really doesn’t care what people think,” the source says. “He’s in love and happy.”
Manilow’s rep is not commenting on the marriage. The National Enquirer was first to report the news.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time