It’s April 8, which means today is Rex Manning Day! If you have no idea what that means and why it’s trending on Twitter, we’re sorry for what must have been a severely lacking VHS collection in the 90s. But don’t worry because we’re here to help.
Rex Manning was the fictional pop star in the 1995 movie Empire Records. On April 8, “Oh Rexy, you’re so sexy” Manning has a scheduled appearance at a struggling independent record store that the staff (which includes Renee Zellweger and Liv Tyler) is desperately trying to save from turning into corporate chain.
Watch this fake music video for the insta-classic Say No More (Mon Amour) and revel in Rex Manning’s perfection!
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears