Don’t believe the marketing hype: the number of pixels, the array of creative filters, and the numerous dedicated buttons – none of that really matters. Today, what you’re looking for is a camera that’s easy to use while offering the best image quality in most situations.
A camera that packs 24 megapixels won’t necessary offer the best results compared to one with just 12 megapixels – especially in low-light conditions. If you’re looking to make sharp photographs at a party without having to carry a bulky Digital SLR, you can’t go wrong with the Canon PowerShot S120 or the Sony RX100 III. But if you’re after a camera that can handle fast action shots – kids running around, for example – the Fujifilm XT-1 is your camera of choice.
Whether you’re after the fastest compact camera or the most stylish one, TIME LightBox offers its selection of the 10 best models in time for the summer season.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time