Jesse Eisenberg and Jeremy Irons will join the cast of the upcoming Superman-Batman film as Lex Luthor and Alfred, Warner Bros. announced Friday.
Eisenberg and Irons will join Henry Cavill as Superman and Ben Affleck as Batman in the highly anticipated sequel to Man of Steel, set to open in May 2016, Variety reports.
Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane are also set to return to the yet-untitled Superman-Batman flick, while Gal Gadot is set to play Wonder Woman.
Nominated for an Oscar for playing Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network, Eisenberg will play Superman’s nemesis Luthor, while Irons will fill Michael Caine’s shoes in the role of Batman’s trusted friend Alfred.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now