From 5 tips to present like Steve Jobs and what you can do in the first 60 seconds of a presentation to aid your ability to persuade to the art of telling stories through presentations, we’ve talked a lot about presentations.
To this growing pool of advice we can add Seymour Schulich’s Ten Rules to Utilize found in Get Smarter: Life and Business Lessons:
1. Be Brief:
2. Try to communicate one main idea:
3. Create a surprise:
4. Use humour:
5. Slow it down:
6. Use cue cards and look up often:
7. Self-praise is no honour:
8. Never speak before the main course in a dinner speech:
9. Reuse good material:
10. Use positive body language:
Get Smarter: Life and Business Lessons is full of life advice from one of Canada’s most successful businessmen.
This piece originally appeared on Farnam Street.
Join over 50,000 readers and get a free weekly update via email here.