Adventure filmmaker Alison Teal grew up all over the world, following her photographer parents on excursions to some of the most remote places on the planet.
Now an adult, Alison combines storytelling with her love of exploration to create the “Alison’s Adventures” film series. She styles herself as a “female Indiana Jones,” traveling the globe with her pink surfboard and sharing stories of survival and sustainability in the hopes of educating and inspiring people around the world.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk