During the 2015 White House Easter Egg Roll festivities Monday, President Barack Obama started reading Maurice Sendak’s Where the Wild Things Are — per tradition — when the children listening saw a bee buzzing around and started to scream.
The President kept pausing to laugh at the children’s reaction. “Wait wait wait wait,” he said, laughing. “Hold on! Hold on! You guys are wild things! You aren’t supposed to be scared of bees when you’re a wild thing!”
No word on whether any representatives from the new White House task force to reverse the decline in the number of bees nationwide showed up to the South Lawn and swarmed into action.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time