During the 2015 White House Easter Egg Roll festivities Monday, President Barack Obama started reading Maurice Sendak’s Where the Wild Things Are — per tradition — when the children listening saw a bee buzzing around and started to scream.
The President kept pausing to laugh at the children’s reaction. “Wait wait wait wait,” he said, laughing. “Hold on! Hold on! You guys are wild things! You aren’t supposed to be scared of bees when you’re a wild thing!”
No word on whether any representatives from the new White House task force to reverse the decline in the number of bees nationwide showed up to the South Lawn and swarmed into action.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List