During the 2015 White House Easter Egg Roll festivities Monday, President Barack Obama started reading Maurice Sendak’s Where the Wild Things Are — per tradition — when the children listening saw a bee buzzing around and started to scream.
The President kept pausing to laugh at the children’s reaction. “Wait wait wait wait,” he said, laughing. “Hold on! Hold on! You guys are wild things! You aren’t supposed to be scared of bees when you’re a wild thing!”
No word on whether any representatives from the new White House task force to reverse the decline in the number of bees nationwide showed up to the South Lawn and swarmed into action.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement