During the 2015 White House Easter Egg Roll festivities Monday, President Barack Obama started reading Maurice Sendak’s Where the Wild Things Are — per tradition — when the children listening saw a bee buzzing around and started to scream.
The President kept pausing to laugh at the children’s reaction. “Wait wait wait wait,” he said, laughing. “Hold on! Hold on! You guys are wild things! You aren’t supposed to be scared of bees when you’re a wild thing!”
No word on whether any representatives from the new White House task force to reverse the decline in the number of bees nationwide showed up to the South Lawn and swarmed into action.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up