SNL‘s resident young person Pete Davidson learned the hard way that smoking weed can be bad for your health when he showed up to Weekend Update to recap the Walking Dead finale for co-host Colin Jost. After a minutes-long spiel about the coming apocalypse (and jawbreakers), Jost assured Davidson that he was just being paranoid – he’d never really be mistaken for a zombie.
And then – bam!
In goes an arrow through Davidson’s chest and in walks a crossbow-wielding Reedus, having seemingly slayed the shuffling comedian before him.
And while Reedus quickly learned that Studio 8H wasn’t overrun by the undead (sorry, dude in the elevator), all was well: Davidson didn’t feel much pain, despite the chest wound; and he was happy to share his, um, medicine with his new zombie-slaying friend.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms