Florida school teacher Emily Phillips, who died March 25 at 69 after battling pancreatic cancer, wrote a spirited obituary for herself that has gone viral since running in the Florida Times-Union on Tuesday.
Here are some of the most memorable lines from Phillips, a proud mother, grandmother and wife (or, as she referred to herself, “Grand Diva Of All Things Domestic”):
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving