Florida school teacher Emily Phillips, who died March 25 at 69 after battling pancreatic cancer, wrote a spirited obituary for herself that has gone viral since running in the Florida Times-Union on Tuesday.
Here are some of the most memorable lines from Phillips, a proud mother, grandmother and wife (or, as she referred to herself, “Grand Diva Of All Things Domestic”):
Read next: The Most Surprising and Hilarious Requests from the Grave
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk