Florida school teacher Emily Phillips, who died March 25 at 69 after battling pancreatic cancer, wrote a spirited obituary for herself that has gone viral since running in the Florida Times-Union on Tuesday.
Here are some of the most memorable lines from Phillips, a proud mother, grandmother and wife (or, as she referred to herself, “Grand Diva Of All Things Domestic”):
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.