Universal Pictures just released a new trailer for its upcoming biopic of legendary Los Angeles rap group N.W.A., Straight Outta Compton.
F. Gary Gray’s film documents the rise and fall of the West Coast group during the mid-1980s on the dangerous streets of Compton, Calif. In the clip, we see a glimpse of the tough world that Ice Cube (O’Shea Jackson Jr.), Dr. Dre (Corey Hawkins) and Eazy-E (Jason Mitchell) describe in their brutally honest songs.
The trailer shows the group’s struggle amid the poverty, violence, police brutality and gang warfare that permeated their California neighborhood, and how they eventually succeeded in giving a voice to inner-city America, revolutionizing music forever.
Straight Outta Compton hits theaters Aug. 14.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive