Universal Pictures just released a new trailer for its upcoming biopic of legendary Los Angeles rap group N.W.A., Straight Outta Compton.
F. Gary Gray’s film documents the rise and fall of the West Coast group during the mid-1980s on the dangerous streets of Compton, Calif. In the clip, we see a glimpse of the tough world that Ice Cube (O’Shea Jackson Jr.), Dr. Dre (Corey Hawkins) and Eazy-E (Jason Mitchell) describe in their brutally honest songs.
The trailer shows the group’s struggle amid the poverty, violence, police brutality and gang warfare that permeated their California neighborhood, and how they eventually succeeded in giving a voice to inner-city America, revolutionizing music forever.
Straight Outta Compton hits theaters Aug. 14.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate