Guessing what baseball team a state supports may be easy in some cases—Massachusetts supports the Red Sox, and Georgia likes the Braves, for instance—but what about all the states without a team?
A new map released by Facebook will give you an idea, just in time for Major League Baseball’s opening day on April 5. The map breaks down the amount of Facebook likes each baseball team had from users located in particular counties in the United States.
For one thing, the divide between the Yankees and Red Sox isn’t just an East Coast thing. Turns out baseball fans in Utah and Idaho are also divided between the two teams. What about Alaska? The state likes the Yankees and Red Sox too, with the Mariners thrown in the mix.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Justin Worland at firstname.lastname@example.org