Music icon Joni Mitchell was rushed to the hospital on Tuesday after being found unconscious in her Los Angeles home.
According to her website, the singer “regained consciousness on the ambulance ride to an L.A. area hospital.”
Her official Twitter account said she was in intensive care but in “good spirits.”
After enjoying decades of success as one of the leading voices of the Woodstock generation, the 71-year-old Alberta native has been largely absent from the limelight since the release of her last studio album, Shine, in 2007.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief