FX has renewed The Americans for a fourth season. The Cold War thriller will get another 13 episodes next year, EW has learned.
FX is enthusiastic about the show’s critical acclaim, noting The Americans currently has the top spot on critic aggregation site Metacritic, with a 92 out of 100 average (including EW’s review). “Remarkably, this season of The Americans has achieved even greater acclaim than that of its first two seasons,” said Nick Grad, programming president at FX. “The series has cemented it status with critics as television’s best current drama and arguably the best show on TV, and we couldn’t agree more.”
Ratings are another matter. The show has continued to struggle to find a big audience. Last week’s episode had only about 1 million viewers and a 0.3 rating among adults 18-49 in the overnight returns, ranking below repeats on other basic cable networks of King of the Hill and Full House. Yet FX points out that after you add in repeats, DVR playback and video on demand, the show improves to 4.2 million weekly viewers.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now