Bill Gates, long an avid reader, attended the TED conference again this year and continued his tradition of recommending books to fellow attendees.
1. Business Adventures, by John Brooks
2. The Bully Pulpit, by Doris Kearns Goodwin
4. Making the Modern World, by Vaclav Smil
5. How Asia Works, by Joe Studwell
6. How to Lie with Statistics, by Darrell Huff
This article originally appeared on Farnam Street.
Join over 50,000 readers and get a free weekly update via email here.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk