Emphasize forward progress — not for the sake of the project, but for your team members.
Harvard’s Teresa Amabile’s research found that nothing is more motivating than progress in meaningful work and nothing more taxing than setbacks.
And this can spur innovation:
Join over 161,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow