Universal Studios just released a new teaser for its much anticipated new dino-thriller Jurassic World.
Twenty-two years after the first dinosaur park ended in disaster in Jurassic Park, the creators thought it would be a good idea to build a fully functional dinosaur theme park complete with dino-attractions and trained Raptors. But after 10 years of success, numbers are falling as tourists become increasingly desensitized to seeing these once long-extinct beasts.
So to add a bit of spice to the park, the scientists create a new breed of dinosaur named Indominus Rex, who, as we learn from this trailer, eats her own sibling before wreaking absolute terror on the unsuspecting guests.
Colin Trevorrow is directing and the cast includes Chris Pratt, Judy Greer, Bryce Dallas Howard, Vincent D’Onofrio, Jake Johnson, Irrfan Khan, Omar Sy, Lauren Lapkus and BD Wong.
We don’t learn a whole lot more from the trailer, but it may just be enough to whet our appetites until June 12, when Jurassic World hits theaters.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms