Walmart’s dolls are on fire—but not in a good way. The retail giant is recalling about 174,000 dolls that are overheating and potentially burning consumers, namely children, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said Tuesday.
“My Sweet Love / My Sweet Baby Cuddle Care Doll” sounds innocent enough, but the commission said that the doll’s circuit board, located on the baby’s pink-clothed chest, is prone to extreme overheating. There have been 12 reports of overheating so far, leading to two burns or blisters, the commission said.
Part of the doll’s schtick is to cough when sick with what is presumably a fever. “Consumers should immediately take the dolls from children, remove the batteries and return the doll to any Walmart store for a full refund,” the commission said.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms