Whether she has 896 pages or 140 characters, J.K. Rowling always finds room to spout infinite wisdom.
On Tuesday, a fan tweeted to the social media-friendly writer to ask about Dumbledore being gay, which was revealed after Rowling finished the Harry Potter series. “I wonder why you said that Dumbledore is a gay because I can’t see him in that way,” Ana Kocovic said.
Rowling’s response was short, sassy, and spot on:
The fan responded positively to Rowling’s answer:
This isn’t Rowling’s first time talking about LGBT issues in the wizarding community on Twitter. When a fan asked if Hogwarts was a safe place for LGBT students in December, Rowling responded by tweeting an image made by the Youth Project, based in Nova Scotia:
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization