It’s hard to imagine Star Wars without its thrilling score, written by five-time Oscar winner John Williams — but we’re going to have to try.
The acclaimed composer is taking his first break from the live-action franchise, set in a galaxy far, far away, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Alexandre Desplat — who recently won an Oscar for scoring The Grand Budapest Hotel — will write the music for Star Wars’ 2016 standalone film Rogue One.
Desplat worked with Rogue One director Gareth Edwards on the 2014 film Godzilla.
You can hear Williams in surround sound on Dec. 18, however, with the theatrical release of Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow