As if Frank Underwood didn’t achieve enough during the second season of House of Cards, now Kevin Spacey is planning another power play. The Academy Award-winning actor will step into the shoes of legendary UK Prime Minister Winston Churchill. But it looks like Spacey might reveal a nicer — and hopefully more ethical — side to politics: the film will reportedly track Churchill’s ascent to power during World War II.
The screenplay comes from Ben Kaplan, who wrote the History Channel’s Ronald Reagan documentary.
And while no director is tied to the project yet, it seems like David Fincher, who directed Spacey in House of Cards’ first season, would certainly get the job done.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement