As if Frank Underwood didn’t achieve enough during the second season of House of Cards, now Kevin Spacey is planning another power play. The Academy Award-winning actor will step into the shoes of legendary UK Prime Minister Winston Churchill. But it looks like Spacey might reveal a nicer — and hopefully more ethical — side to politics: the film will reportedly track Churchill’s ascent to power during World War II.
The screenplay comes from Ben Kaplan, who wrote the History Channel’s Ronald Reagan documentary.
And while no director is tied to the project yet, it seems like David Fincher, who directed Spacey in House of Cards’ first season, would certainly get the job done.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out