As if Frank Underwood didn’t achieve enough during the second season of House of Cards, now Kevin Spacey is planning another power play. The Academy Award-winning actor will step into the shoes of legendary UK Prime Minister Winston Churchill. But it looks like Spacey might reveal a nicer — and hopefully more ethical — side to politics: the film will reportedly track Churchill’s ascent to power during World War II.
The screenplay comes from Ben Kaplan, who wrote the History Channel’s Ronald Reagan documentary.
And while no director is tied to the project yet, it seems like David Fincher, who directed Spacey in House of Cards’ first season, would certainly get the job done.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up