The man who invented Extreme Ironing is coming out of retirement.
Phil Shaw says he is again training for the sport he created in the 1990s after an 11 year hiatus, according to Britain’s ITN. For the uninitiated, Extreme Ironing involves performing the domestic chore in extreme environments like rock climbing or kayaking on rapids. Somehow, the concept briefly took off (including a world tour).
“I’d almost forgotten how people respond to it,” Shaw said. “At the end of the day, it’s a bit of fun, and people enjoy it.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now