The man who invented Extreme Ironing is coming out of retirement.
Phil Shaw says he is again training for the sport he created in the 1990s after an 11 year hiatus, according to Britain’s ITN. For the uninitiated, Extreme Ironing involves performing the domestic chore in extreme environments like rock climbing or kayaking on rapids. Somehow, the concept briefly took off (including a world tour).
“I’d almost forgotten how people respond to it,” Shaw said. “At the end of the day, it’s a bit of fun, and people enjoy it.”
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer