Hulu has locked down TV’s biggest new show.
The online service has nabbed the exclusive streaming rights to Fox’s Empire. The hit drama series has already been on the service, but now Hulu has secured the rights exclusively for not only the first season, but for any additional seasons – so don’t expect to watch Empire on Netflix or Amazon anytime soon (though you will still be able to find the show on Fox’s video on demand service). Episodes are available for Hulu subscribers now and future episodes will be available via Hulu the day after they air on Fox.
“Empire is truly a television phenomenon,” said Craig Erwich, Head of Content at Hulu. “Empire’s story lines and music continue to dominate the popular culture conversation each week. Since its premiere, the series has remained one of the top shows on Hulu and we are ecstatic to be the exclusive streaming home to the biggest show of the year.”
Last night’s Empire finale set another ratings record, hitting nearly 17 million viewers.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com