Hulu has locked down TV’s biggest new show.
The online service has nabbed the exclusive streaming rights to Fox’s Empire. The hit drama series has already been on the service, but now Hulu has secured the rights exclusively for not only the first season, but for any additional seasons – so don’t expect to watch Empire on Netflix or Amazon anytime soon (though you will still be able to find the show on Fox’s video on demand service). Episodes are available for Hulu subscribers now and future episodes will be available via Hulu the day after they air on Fox.
“Empire is truly a television phenomenon,” said Craig Erwich, Head of Content at Hulu. “Empire’s story lines and music continue to dominate the popular culture conversation each week. Since its premiere, the series has remained one of the top shows on Hulu and we are ecstatic to be the exclusive streaming home to the biggest show of the year.”
Last night’s Empire finale set another ratings record, hitting nearly 17 million viewers.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023