What did Isaac Martinez do after sustaining a gunshot wound after a white supremacist went on a rampage in Mesa, Ariz., on Wednesday? He took a selfie, of course.
According to two images posted by a local reporter on Twitter, Martinez appears to have snapped at least two selfies after suspect Ryan E. Giroux allegedly approached and shot him through the shoulder at a restaurant operated by the East Valley Institute of Technology in suburban Phoenix.
Martinez was later treated at a local hospital and informed his friends via Facebook that he was at home and convalescing and thankfully was not suffering from any “complicated injuries.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow