What did Isaac Martinez do after sustaining a gunshot wound after a white supremacist went on a rampage in Mesa, Ariz., on Wednesday? He took a selfie, of course.
According to two images posted by a local reporter on Twitter, Martinez appears to have snapped at least two selfies after suspect Ryan E. Giroux allegedly approached and shot him through the shoulder at a restaurant operated by the East Valley Institute of Technology in suburban Phoenix.
Martinez was later treated at a local hospital and informed his friends via Facebook that he was at home and convalescing and thankfully was not suffering from any “complicated injuries.”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms