A giant glowing Pac-Man goes on a rampage through New York City in Sony’s first trailer for its upcoming action-comedy Pixels.
Adam Sandler, Josh Gad and Peter Dinklage are called into action when enormous pixelated characters from old-school video games try to destroy the earth.
This is because aliens misinterpret the feeds of classic arcade games as a declaration of war, and so send all the old 8-bit favorites, including Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, Frogger, Centipede and Pac-Man, to wreak havoc on our world.
Also starring is Kevin James as the U.S. President, Jane Krakowski as the First Lady, plus Michelle Monaghan, Brian Cox, Ashley Benson and Sean Bean.
Directed by Chris Columbus, Pixels is based on a short 2010 film by Patrick Jean.
Watch it in theaters July 24.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow