Do the most talked-about March Madness teams on Facebook also play the best? We’ll soon find out.
The social network released its own 2015 NCAA Tournament Bracket (here’s a printable version) on Tuesday that’s based on the Facebook mentions of all 68 schools in the month before Selection Sunday on March 15. If the most popular team on Facebook prevails in the tournament, then two No. 1 seeds—Kentucky and Duke—will face-off in the championship game, with Kentucky taking the title.
Check out Facebook’s complete bracket to see who the Wildcats would’ve defeated on their route to victory:
The company also compiled a list of the top 10 teams that added the most Likes to their official pages between last year’s championship game on April 7, 2014, and this year’s Selection Sunday:
Other 2015 NCAA Tournament brackets have pitted the schools up using other metrics—here’s who wins March Madness in the classroom.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up