Transgender teen Jazz Jennings is the face of skincare company Clean & Clear’s new “See The Real Me” advertising campaign.
“Growing up has been quite a struggle, being transgender… I basically kept to myself,” Jennings says in the ad. “But this year I decided to make a change and put myself out there and make new friends.”
Clean & Clear says the campaign is about “girls having the courage to show who they really are, and what makes them unique.” The company wants others to share their own stories on social media, using the hashtag #SeeTheRealMe.
“The real me is happy and proud to be who I am, and I’m just having fun being one of the girls,” Jennings says.
Read next: The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time