Transgender teen Jazz Jennings is the face of skincare company Clean & Clear’s new “See The Real Me” advertising campaign.
“Growing up has been quite a struggle, being transgender… I basically kept to myself,” Jennings says in the ad. “But this year I decided to make a change and put myself out there and make new friends.”
Jennings was born male, but knew she was a girl since she was very young. She started her transition at age six, Yahoo reports. She was named one of TIME’s most influential teens in 2014.
Clean & Clear says the campaign is about “girls having the courage to show who they really are, and what makes them unique.” The company wants others to share their own stories on social media, using the hashtag #SeeTheRealMe.
“The real me is happy and proud to be who I am, and I’m just having fun being one of the girls,” Jennings says.
Read next: The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space