Transgender teen Jazz Jennings is the face of skincare company Clean & Clear’s new “See The Real Me” advertising campaign.
“Growing up has been quite a struggle, being transgender… I basically kept to myself,” Jennings says in the ad. “But this year I decided to make a change and put myself out there and make new friends.”
Clean & Clear says the campaign is about “girls having the courage to show who they really are, and what makes them unique.” The company wants others to share their own stories on social media, using the hashtag #SeeTheRealMe.
“The real me is happy and proud to be who I am, and I’m just having fun being one of the girls,” Jennings says.
Read next: The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror