A Tennessee waitress is overwhelmed with gratitude after a customer left her an especially generous tip.
ABC’s Good Morning America reports that an unidentified customer at Mac’s Grub Shak in Spring Hill left a $36 tip for waitress Claire Hudson, 25, even thought the bill only came out to about $30. She told the network that he left a note on the receipt saying his brother would have turned 36 that day, and “Every year I go eat his favorite meal (hot dogs) and tip the waitress his age. Happy B-day Wes.”
Hudson posted the story on the social networks Reddit and Imgur before bed, and when she woke up, it had been viewed more than a million times.
The restaurant wants to find the mystery patron so they can find out what toppings Wes liked on his hot dog and name one after him.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space