First he mugged for the cameras with his old pal Wilson at a hockey game. Then he showed up in the music video for Carly Rae Jepsen’s latest earworm. Now the Academy Award-winning actor has lent his star power to the Girl Scouts by helping them sell cookies in the San Francisco Bay Area over the weekend.
The Los Altos Town Crier reports that Tom Hanks and his son Truman were on their way to a typewriter shop when Hanks saw three Girl Scouts standing in front of the store selling cookies. He bought four boxes, made a $20 donation and helped sell some himself by offering to take photos with passersby if they purchased boxes, Archana Appanna, mother of one of the girls, told the newspaper.
No word on whether he likes Thin Mints or Samoas better.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve