First he mugged for the cameras with his old pal Wilson at a hockey game. Then he showed up in the music video for Carly Rae Jepsen’s latest earworm. Now the Academy Award-winning actor has lent his star power to the Girl Scouts by helping them sell cookies in the San Francisco Bay Area over the weekend.
The Los Altos Town Crier reports that Tom Hanks and his son Truman were on their way to a typewriter shop when Hanks saw three Girl Scouts standing in front of the store selling cookies. He bought four boxes, made a $20 donation and helped sell some himself by offering to take photos with passersby if they purchased boxes, Archana Appanna, mother of one of the girls, told the newspaper.
No word on whether he likes Thin Mints or Samoas better.
See All the Best Actors in Oscar History
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at firstname.lastname@example.org