Investments in the ride-sharing firm Lyft have valued the company founded three years ago at roughly $2.5 billion.
Lyft raised $530 million in its latest round of funding, including $300 million from Japanese online retailer Rakuten Inc., as it looks to continue expanding, Reuters reports.
But the private company still lags behind Uber, the largest startup in the U.S, which has also rapidly expanded abroad. Uber is valued at around $40 billion.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World