Slipknot guitarist Mick Thomson sustained serious injuries during a knife fight with his brother on Wednesday morning in Clive, Iowa.
Police at the scene said Thomson sustained a stab wound to the back of his head during what appears to have been a drunken altercation, according to local news outlet KCCI.
Slipknot’s manager told the broadcaster that the incident wouldn’t impact any of the band’s future shows.
Late on Wednesday, Slipknot’s lead singer Corey Taylor stated via Twitter that Thomson was recovering.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This