Kanye West’s mega-hit “Gold Digger” came out in 2005, but this recently unearthed video shows the rapper performing a very early version all the way back in 2003. This was a few months before his debut album The College Dropout was released and he was still relatively unknown to the masses.
The video is from the second annual Dynamic Producer Conference and also features a young John Legend, who accompanies Kanye on piano. It’s a pretty bare-bones version of the song, but you can see the framework for the future hit.
Oh, and as you can see, Kanye’s rocking a backpack and a very bright Reese’s shirt. So much has changed.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time