NASCAR has lifted driver Kurt Busch’s suspension, though he remains on probation, the group announced in a statement Wednesday.
Busch was suspended Feb. 20 amid allegations of domestic violence. Last week, prosecutors said they would not pursue criminal charges against him, something NASCAR officials said was a deciding factor in his reinstatement.
“He has fully complied with our reinstatement program during his suspension and the health care expert who conducted his evaluation recommended his immediate return,” NASCAR Executive Vice President Steve O’Donnell said.
The change is effective immediately, though Busch will remain on probation and “undergo additional steps to address the behavior for which he was penalized.” The NASCAR release did not address the specifics of those steps. Busch will also still be eligible for the Sprint Cup, though he will enter the tournament with no points because he was suspended during the Daytona 500 and two other tournament races.